Can I do CrossFit?
ANYONE can do CrossFit! We have full classes from beginners to competitors. How this is achieved is by our scaling system. Each movement we perform is scalable. If we are tackling a gymnastics movement, we can scale the movement to work the primary muscle group that we are initially focusing on for the workout. Take a weight lifting movement. We then can scale down the weight for static lifts (deadlift, bench press, squat) or replace a dynamic movement (snatch, clean and jerk) with a less, but effective dynamic weight lifting movement (overhead squat, hang clean). For conditioning movements we decrease the distance the athlete needs to travel such as running or rowing.
In CrossFit we challenge ourselves to balance 10 elements of fitness
- Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance - The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
- Stamina - The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
- Strength - The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
- Flexibility - The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
- Power - The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed - The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Agility - The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
- Coordination - The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Balance - The ability to control the placement of the bodies' center of gravity in relation to its' support base.
- Accuracy - The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Which athlete are you?
Before contacting CrossFit Factory, there are two definitive paths an athlete must take.
I have done CrossFit before.
Great! Your FIRST CLASS IS FREE! If an athlete has done CrossFit before, we do ask that you come in and meet a coach before trying out a class. This is to help us assist you with your training. Contact The CrossFit Factory Staff today!
I have not done CrossFit before.
Not a problem! New athletes are encouraged to sign up for fundamentals/beginner classes prior to jumping into regular CrossFit classes. By the end of the course all athletes will be able to jump into regular CrossFit classes. Any new athlete is more than welcome to contact our staff for a FREE 30-minute Orientation session before signing up.
1-on-1 Training, Ready to get started?
This option is for athletes who may not want to be in a class setting and have more 1-on-1 time with a Coach.
These sessions are 45-minutes long, jam-packed with CrossFit movements and workouts. Based on the athlete's goals and preferences, we will develop the best plan possible to correct any bad movement habits as well as increase the athlete's strength, flexibility, and overall aerobic capacity. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for CrossFit personal training packages.